Superannuation and Retirement
Your upfront cost: $0
- 08 Nov 2021
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- Discuss superannuation and retirement concepts and the role of retirement income systems in Australian and international contexts.
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation, including taxation law, to superannuation.
- Evaluate factors impacting the three phases of superannuation.
- Develop strategies and provide advisory recommendations on superannuation and retirement planning, including aged care, supported by appropriate calculations.
- Introduction to Superannuation
- Superannuation Regulation
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Taxation of Superannuation Funds
- Member Benefits
- Taxation of Benefits
- Retirement Planning
- Aged Care
- Social Security
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Video equipment
A major objective of this subject is the generation of retirement planning strategies. Assessment items reflect the challenging demands of an industry which seeks to ensure all Australians enjoy a comfortable and self-funded retirement. Therefore it is expected that students are knowledgeable of technical and regulatory issues, skillful in strategic thinking and analysis and aware of contemporary issues in the superannuation and retirement context.
Prerequisite: AFE122 Financial Planning 1
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Decision Tree Assessment (20%)
- Retired Plan (50%)
- Virtual Student Interview (10%)
Current study term: 07 Nov 21 to 11 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.