Risk Management and Insurance
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Identify, analyse and evaluate risks, under guidance, in personal and small business contexts.
- Describe and differentiate the main features of a variety of personal and business insurance products, including basic related policy documentation and taxation issues.
- Develop and present fundamental personal and small business risk management strategies including the use of general and life insurance products.
- Apply professional and ethical standards and insurance regulation and legislation, under guidance, in the context of providing risk management and insurance advice.
- Evaluate contemporary issues in risk management and insurance advice.
- Introduction to Risk Management Topic 2: Insurance and Risk
- Ethics, Compliance and Regulation of the Insurance Industry
- Personal Risk Management
- Introduction to Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Products
- Developing and Presenting a Personal Risk Management Strategy
- Introduction to General Insurance
- General Insurance Products
- Mandated and Health Insurance
- Policy Documentation and Claims
- Taxation and Business Insurance
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject concerns the identification, analysis, evaluation and treatment of risk. It highlights practical applications of general and life insurance products in developing and implementing personal and small business risk management strategies. In addition to investigating the insurance products available in the market, the course will cover the structure of the insurance industry, its regulation, insurance law and the skills necessary to provide risk management and insurance advice to clients.
Prerequisites: AFE122 Financial Planning 1
- Online Quizzes (20%)
- Risk management strategy (50%)
- Final Exam (30%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.