Communication & Public Value
Explore the ways in which organisations convey the value they offer.Pull apart the concept of 'value' and its historical tie to goods and services. Learn how organisations leverage values to form strategic partnerships with one another.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 08 Nov 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject you will have:
- an understand the history and sectoral contexts of ‘values’ as rationales for organisations, their goods and services;
- skills in comparing and evaluating different value rationales;
- a familiarity with best practice models of public value currently used internationally by organisations to understand, measure and communicate their contributions to public life;
- experience in identifying an organisation’s ‘authorising environment’ and the key relationships between its constituent parts;
- experience in developing indicators of public benefits;
- practical experience in designing a public value model for an organisation, to improve its internal and external communication processes and foster resilient relationships with its ‘authorising environment’;
- an understanding of the benefits and problems involved in strategic partnering;a greater capacity to participate in policy development and application;
- an enhanced understanding of the role played by communications practices in influencing and expressing what publics value.
- An introduction to the unit and an overview of the topic of values
- Understanding, Measuring and Communicating Values
- Understanding values
- Performance measurement
- Communication and trust-building
- Value Frameworks
- Economic Values
- Social Values
- Environmental Values
- Cultural Values
- Operational Capacities
- Leadership and Professional Ethics
- Strategic partnerships
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
COM190 only applies to new students commencing this program in 2015. If you are an existing student, COM120 applies to you.
No special requirements
Communication and Public Value deals with how organisations identify, measure and communicate the value of the goods and services they provide. The subject focuses on the concept ‘public value’ and the models used to implement it. Theoretical and practical familiarities with best practice examples enable students to understand why and how the concept is used, the kinds of organisations and activities best able to benefit from it, and its potential for strengthening the relationships between organisations, their partners and publics. Assessment includes an essay on a public value issue and a public value model of your own design.
- Public value model (50%)
- Essay (30%)
- Research Assignment (20%)
Current study term: 07 Nov 21 to 11 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.