The International Baccalaureate in Action
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse and critique the International Baccalaureate Organisation Teacher Award scheme values.
- analyse the key questions relating to the Domains of Knowledge.
- evaluate and reflect on a programme of work in relation to the Domains of Knowledge.
- International education and the role and philosophy if the IBO programmes
- Curriculum design and articulation
- Principles and design for assessment
- Principles and processes for reflective practice
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-EDC497-International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
- CUR-EDC496-International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This unit builds on the work covered in the previous International Baccalaureate units. It addresses the values of the teacher award schemes and the Domains of Knowledge relating to the International Baccalaureate Primary and Middle Years Programme. The focus is on student examining their own professional practice based on the Domains of Knowledge. The evaluation of the relevant International Baccalaureate programme is also addressed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Portfolio of practice (40%)
- Online Blogs (20%)
- Written report (40%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 28 May 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.