- Sustainable Development
- Sustainability in the Built Environment
- Construction and Sustainability
- Sustainable Buildings
- Energy, Emissions and Embedded Energy
- Energy Efficiency - Design Issues
- Indoor Environmental Quality and Passive Design
- Renewable Energy Options
- Water Consumption and Reuse
- Recycling Waste & Buildings
- Sustainability Assessment
- EIA, EMP and EMS
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Note: Level 4 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 3 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An examination of the impacts that construction activities have on the environment, society and the economy and how sustainable development affects the way the construction industry operates. Strategies to address the key issues of sustainability are investigated and developed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Online tests (15%)
- Research Project (35%)
- Case Study (50%)