- What is assessment and types of assessment in schools
- Principles and practices of effective assessment
- Learning theory perspectives on assessment
- System wide assessments
- Constructing and planning for different assessment types - Formative and self-assessment
- Constructing and planning different assessment types - Summative
- Developing rubrics and marking guides
- Moderation and assessment integrity ¿ Overview & making consistent and comparable judgements
- Assessment feedback, interpreting assessment data and reporting
- Professional Experience Placement
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Assignment 1 - Prof Experience - Pass/Fail (0%)
- Assignment 2 - Presentation (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- PlacementDetails - Includes Professional Experience placement.
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject focuses on assessing, providing feedback and reporting on student learning. It will encompass the principles and purpose of effective assessment through the analysis and critique of different learning theories. The subject content and practical component connect theory and experience in an authentic setting. The overall pass requirement for the subject consists of a mark of at least 50% for the theory component and a pass for the professional experience placement.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.