- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Exercise (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Exercise (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Exercise (20%)
- Assignment 4 - Exercise (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Application of information theories, principles and technology in resource description and access in libraries and information centres. Development of skills in resource description and access through the use of classification and subject schemes.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.