- Overview of Poor Building Quality and Quality Management
- Cost of Quality
- Key Components of Quality Management
- Statistics in Quality Control
- The Quality Manager
- Total Management Quality
- Introduction to Quality Standards for Construction Industry
- Other ways to Achieve Improvement
- Implementing Quality Management Systems
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CME304 Quality in Construction.
This subject examines the importance of quality to the construction industries in Australia and internationally. The background, principles, components and frameworks of quality of various influential global quality management approaches are discussed. Students will apply standards of quality audits and certification to produce quality management system documentation for industry based scenarios.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (30%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Report (40%)
Textbook information is pending.