Project Quality Management
See how quality is measured, maintained and assessed during a project’s lifecycle. Reveal the safeguards that are built into the design and planning stages to maximise quality outcomes. Highlight standards that are required locally and internationally.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply processes from the theory of quality management process to an authentic project and analyse and reflect on the outcomes
- create quality management artefacts that facilitates the management of quality in projects
- recognise the processes, tools, techniques and history of project quality management.
- Introduction to Quality
- Introduction to Quality Management
- Introduction to Project Quality Management
- Planning for Quality
- Designing for Quality
- Performance Measurement and Cost of Quality
- Performance Assessment
- Processes and Process Mapping
- Quality Management Systems
- Continual Improvement and Its Methods, Tools and Techniques
- Quality and Human Resource Management, Teamwork, and Culture Change
- Communications, Training and Learning, and Implementing TQM, Review of Unit
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The theories, processes, tools and techniques for the management of the quality of project processes and products. The application of quality planning, assurance and control to projects. The background, principles, and components of global approaches to quality management; and Australian and International standards relating to quality management and project quality management.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Report 1 (40%)
- Report 2 (40%)
- Test (20%)
Textbooks are not required.