- Building Development Process
- Infrastructure Development Process
- Planning and Development Control
- Planning, Culture, Community and Construction
- Project Selection and Feasibility Studies
- Project Appraisal Numeric (Non-Financial ) Methods
- Project Appraisal Numeric (Financial ) Methods - Life Cycle Costing
- Project Appraisals, Payback and ARR
- Discounted Cash Flow
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Project Financing and Marketing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
Note: Level 4 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 3 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An introduction to building and infrastructure project development processes as well as urban planning processes. This will include project finance and appraisal methods, financial feasibility analysis of project development, life cycle costing principles and practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Case study report (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Case study report (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject