Project Delivery Systems
Form knowledge about building and infrastructure project delivery systems. Inspect contract relationships and build pricing strategies. Consider processes and weigh up benefit versus risk using different systems. Apply learning in industry settings
Your upfront cost: $0
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe and compare the processes, benefits and risks of various project delivery systems giving consideration to international and cultural perspectives
- reflect upon and evaluate the available project delivery systems in terms of project outcomes
- evaluate project conditions in order to suggest suitable delivery systems.
- Contract Strategy: The Traditional Approach
- Contract Strategy: Design and Build
- Contract Strategy: The Divided Contract Approach
- Contract Documents and Payment Methods
- Authority and Responsibility in Project Organisations
- Partnering, Alliancing and Trust
- Project Financing and PPP
- BIM and Integrated Project Delivery
- Innovation and Culture
- Stakeholders and Supply Chain Learning
- Quest of Talent: Human Capital Issues
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 2 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
Students will study various project delivery systems used in buildings and infrastructure, the methods of contract price determination, the contractual relationships, financial methods, roles and associated benefits and risks to contract parties. Students are also given the opportunity to apply their knowledge in authentic industry scenarios.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- eTest (50%)
- Case Study Report (50%)
Textbooks are not required.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.