- Overview: Developing Professional Learning Environments/Teacher Professional Development
- Introduction to Action Learning and Research
- Writing the literature Review: Accessing the Appropriate Data-Bases
- Action Research Methods: Data Collection Part 1
- Action Research Methods: Data Collection Part 2
- Ethics in Education
- Data Analysis: Action Learning for Professional Development
- Professionalism in Teaching
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: Action Challenges
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Book of readings
- Assignment 1 - Exercises (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Report (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Essay (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject emphasises teaching as a profession which requires continuous improvement in personal teaching practice and school-based programs. Ongoing critical analysis contributes to the identification of areas in need of improvement and an attitude of continuous improvement motivates teachers to access all available mechanisms of professional learning and development. Professional codes of ethics and conduct for teachers and legislative, administrative and organisational policies and procedure relevant for primary schools are examined and analysed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.