Professional Learning and Development in Education
Appreciate the role of continuous improvement in personal teaching practice. Analyse ethics and conduct, legislative, administrative, organisational policies and procedures in relation to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of strategies that can be used to evaluate teaching programs to improve student learning
- demonstrate an understanding of the need for, value of and sources of professional learning in relation to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- synthesise the principles of ethical teacher conduct
- evaluate the legislation, administrative and organisational policies and processes required for teachers according to school level knowledge and practice.
- Overview: Developing Professional Learning Environments/Teacher Professional Development
- Introduction to Action Learning and Research
- Writing the literature Review: Accessing the Appropriate Data-Bases
- Action Research Methods: Data Collection Part 1
- Action Research Methods: Data Collection Part 2
- Ethics in Education
- Data Analysis: Action Learning for Professional Development
- Professionalism in Teaching
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: Action Challenges
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Book of readings
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-EDP323-Professional Studies and Evaluating Learning , or CUR-EDP325
- OtherDetails -
This subject has a required ebook. - Professional Learning and Development in Education (Custom Edition VitalSource eText), ISBN: 9781488614590. The ebook is readily available through the suppliers webpage - http://www.pearson.com.au/products/M-N-Mills/Professional-Learning-and-Development-in-Education-Custom-Edition-VitalSource-eText/9781488614590?R=9781488614590
This subject emphasises teaching as a profession which requires continuous improvement in personal teaching practice and school-based programs. Ongoing critical analysis contributes to the identification of areas in need of improvement and an attitude of continuous improvement motivates teachers to access all available mechanisms of professional learning and development. Professional codes of ethics and conduct for teachers and legislative, administrative and organisational policies and procedure relevant for primary schools are examined and analysed.
*** This subject has a required ebook. - Professional Learning and Development in Education (Custom Edition VitalSource eText), ISBN: 9781488614590. The ebook is readily available through the suppliers webpage - http://www.pearson.com.au/products/M-N-Mills/Professional-Learning-and-Development-in-Education-Custom-Edition-VitalSource-eText/9781488614590?R=9781488614590
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercises (20%)
- Report (40%)
- Essay (40%)
Bachelor of Education Primary Education
- Open Subjects - Level 1
- Restricted Subjects - Level 2
- Restricted Subjects - Level 3
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4 Internship