Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Transitioning into the profession: what matters? Teacher identity and the professional portfolio
- Social and emotional well-being
- Planning for student learning: long term goals and implementation strategies
- Engaging parents and carers in the education process
- Resourcing professional growth: educational research, networks and associations
- Leadership in educational settings
- Reflective and collaborative structures and processes
- Planning your professional learning. Preparing for your placement
- Professional Experience Placement
- Review and Reflection
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- PlacementDetails - The fieldwork for this unit includes a 25-day professional experience placement in an advised education setting. Placements are undertaken on a full-time basis in a continuous block at the specified time.
- OtherDetails -
Working with Children check
This subject was previously known as MTPS505 Professional Experience 4: Transition into the Profession.
This final subject in the suite of professional experience subjects and includes both a theory and a practical component. This subject provides students with the opportunity to exercise the professional skills, knowledge and attitudes in a school setting that demonstrate their classroom readiness. During the five week full time block professional experience placement, students will be required to demonstrate meeting the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the Graduate Career stage. This is done through a practical and a theoretical assessment. Both the practical and theoretical assessments must be undertaken together and passed in order to pass the unit. The professional experience practical assessment requires successful completion of the professional experience placement. The theoretical assessment is a teaching performance assessment. All required clearances to work with children must be obtained and valid, and all other professional experience requirements met.
To view the Professional Experience Calendar, please see below:
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Professional Plan (50%)
- Professional Experience Placement (50%)
- Teaching Performance Assessment (Pass/Fail%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.