Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Key concepts of assessment
- Principles and practices of effective assessment
- Theoretical perspectives on purposes and effects of different assessment types
- Creating different assessment types to meet diverse range of students: Formative
- Creating different assessment types to meet diverse range of students: Summative
- Creating different assessment types to meet diverse range of students: Diagnostic
- Effective feedback: types
- Effective feedback: communicating feedback
- Interpreting assessment data, evaluation, reflection and recording
- Making comparable judgements within and beyond your class
- Planning from assessment - reflect and review
- Planning from assessment - teaching decisions
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- PlacementDetails - Includes Professional Experience placement.
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software. Includes Professional Experience placement.
This subject will focus on the cycle of planning, teaching, assessment, reflection and reporting, including assessment of, for, and as learning. Assessment techniques will be examined, and assessment tasks will be designed for specific curriculum areas. A three week professional practice placement will enable practical application of the knowledge and skills gained as students design, implement and reflect upon formative and summative assessment tasks. The overall pass requirement for the subject consists of a mark of at least 50% for the theory component and a pass grade for the professional practice placement.
To view the Professional Experience Calendar, please see below:
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (40%)
- Prof Placement (Pass/Fail%)
- Report (60%)