Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
- Key concepts of assessment
- Principles and practices of effective assessment
- Theoretical perspectives on purposes and effects of different assessment types
- Creating different assessment types to meet diverse range of students: Formative
- Creating different assessment types to meet diverse range of students: Summative
- Creating different assessment types to meet diverse range of students: Diagnostic
- Effective feedback: types
- Effective feedback: communicating feedback
- Interpreting assessment data, evaluation, reflection and recording
- Making comparable judgements within and beyond your class
- Planning from assessment - reflect and review
- Planning from assessment - teaching decisions
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- PlacementDetails - The fieldwork for this unit includes a 15 day professional experience placement in a school. Placements are undertaken on a full-time basis in a continuous block at the specified time.
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software. Includes Professional Experience placement.
This is the second in the suite of professional experience subjects and includes both a theory and a practical component (a placement in a school). This subject focuses on assessing, providing feedback and reporting on student learning. It encompasses the principles and purpose of effective assessment through the analysis and critique of different learning theories. The professional experience practical assessment is a three week full-time block placement intended to enable practical application of the knowledge and skills gained along with providing further insights into the complexity of the teacher’s role. All required clearances to work with children must be obtained and valid, and all other professional experience requirements met. Both theory and practical components must be passed in order to pass the subject.
To view the Professional Experience Calendar, please see below:
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Professional Task (50%)
- Assessment Task (50%)
- Professional Experience Placement (Pass/Fail%)