Planning Masters Dissertation
Challenge yourself to design, then orally present an individual research program applicable to an urban and regional planning problem. Further your lifelong learning skill-set.This is the final subject of your Master of Urban and Regional Planning.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- design and implement a research program relevant to a planning issue or problem
- critically apply theory to a research topic
- orally present and defend research
- take responsibility for on-going learning and develop skills cognisant with lifelong learning.
- This is an individual research subject, there are recommended weekly readings but no set topics.
- Material from Dissertation Preparation is provided.
- You are required to communicate with your supervisor weekly and work towards your final submission.
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-URP580 (Not currently available)
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:and
This should be the final subject you undertake before completing your Master of Urban and Regional Planning.
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as URP580 Planning Dissertation.
This subject is to design, implement and present an individual research program on an urban and regional planning issue.
This subject should be the final subject you undertake before completing your Master of Urban and Regional Planning.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Oral Presentation (20%)
- Dissertation (80%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.