- Introduction to Research
- Topic Development and Refinement
- Reviewing the Literature
- Research Strategy and Methodology
- Research Methods
- Research Proposal
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
It is strongly advised that you have completed at least 150 credits in the degree and completion of URP530 Planning Theory is highly recommended prior to enrolling in this subject.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Planning Research Methods.
This subject examines the appropriateness and design of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, critical thinking skills and literature reviews. Design of an individual research program for a topic to be undertaken in a dissertation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Presentation (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Research Proposal (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Literature Review (30%)
- Assignment 4 - Exercise (10%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject