Build skills to run marketing research projects. Cover all aspects – from ideation to writing and planning research, and finally making it happen. At the end of the course, you’ll have produced your own unbiased research report.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- plan and structure a research project that is useful for marketing strategy development through the application of ethical research techniques
- generate an original and comprehensive literature review through a critique of literature relating to the marketing discipline
- assess the needs of the research and evaluate appropriate research designs to produce a research proposal
- develop a sound research methodology to collect data and analyse the data gathered
- produce an original, ethical and critical report relating to the key issues addressed in the research and their implications for marketing strategy.
- Research process
- Research design
- Data collection and analysis
- Writing a research proposal
- Writing a research report
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject guides students through the preparation of research projects relevant to the marketing discipline. It develops ethical research capabilities, writing abilities and the planning, structuring and production of research that is useful for marketing strategy development. Students are guided through the stages of formulating a research idea and producing a research plan. Students locate, evaluate and produce a literature review relating to key marketing concepts. Students will use an appropriate research methodology to produce a comprehensive, critical and unbiased research report.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research proposal (15%)
- Reflective Learning Journal (15%)
- Final Research report (70%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.