Build skills to run marketing research projects. Cover all aspects – from ideation to writing and planning research, and finally making it happen. At the end of the course, you’ll have produced your own unbiased research report.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- plan and structure a research project that is useful for marketing strategy development through the application of ethical research techniques
- generate an original and comprehensive literature review through a critique of literature relating to the marketing discipline
- assess the needs of the research and evaluate appropriate research designs to produce a research proposal
- develop a sound research methodology to collect data and analyse the data gathered
- produce an original, ethical and critical report relating to the key issues addressed in the research and their implications for marketing strategy.
- Research process
- Research design
- Data collection and analysis
- Writing a research proposal
- Writing a research report
- Standard Media
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject guides students through the preparation of research projects relevant to the marketing discipline. It develops ethical research capabilities, writing abilities and the planning, structuring and production of research that is useful for marketing strategy development. Students are guided through the stages of formulating a research idea and producing a research plan. Students locate, evaluate and produce a literature review relating to key marketing concepts. Students will use an appropriate research methodology to produce a comprehensive, critical and unbiased research report.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Research proposal (15%)
- Reflective Learning Journal (15%)
- Final Research report (70%)
Textbook information is pending.