Postgraduate | CUR-GCB560-2023
Identify the manager’s role on both personal and organisational levels. Strengthen your ability to manage conflict, negotiate workplace difficulties and coach team performance. Demonstrate your knowledge by developing a leadership learning plan.
Part of a degree
- 29 May 2023
About this subject
What you'll learn
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate personal management competencies, and then apply learning principles in the design of a development plan
- appraise and analyse the contemporary management challenges and paradoxes embedded in the Competing Values Framework, both locally and globally
- applying relevant theoretical and conceptual frameworks to managerial effectiveness, critically analyse suppositions within the literature
- Models of Leadership and Management
- Learning Styles and Organizational Behaviour
- Working and Living with Different Personality Types
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness
- The Leader as Coach: Managing Performance
- Communication: Interpersonal
- Conflict Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Strengths, Positive Psychology and Leadership
- Managing Upwards
- Establishing your Vision/Life Plan
- Managing Life Stress
Development of key leadership and management skills with the goal of enhancing managerial effectiveness. Development of effective strategies for organisational learning, coaching, time management, negotiation, stress management and communication, clarifying personal and professional vision, as well as examining the developing roles of managers in regional and global environments.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Critical Analysis and Reflection (35%)
- Case Study (35%)
- Presentation (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023: 13
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023: 11
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- UNE-PRO-GCE-2023 - Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice
- OUA-PSU-GCE-2023 - Postgraduate Single Subjects
No additional requirements
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following degrees