International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify the language and culture specific to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP).
- evaluate the Primary Years Programme learning environment through discussion with current PYP practitioners.
- create a programme of inquiry covering all transdisciplinary themes and age groups.
- design a Primary Years Programme planner which elaborates on the Programme of Inquiry.
- reflect on collaborative processes.
- Beliefs, values and concepts that drive the Primary Years Programme
- PYP: the Written Curriculum
- PYP: the Taught Curriculum
- PYP: the Assessed Curriculum
- Synthesising learning in the PYP and linking to the Australian curriculum
You won't be able to enrol into this subject if you've already successfully completed or currently enrolled in the following subject(s) as they are considered anti-requisites due to the similarity of the content.
No special requirements
This unit builds on the work covered in the Introduction to the International Baccalaureate Programme unit. It provides an overview to the key theories and principles relating to the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. There is a focus on transdisciplinary themes and planning and assessing programmes of inquiry.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Report on practitioner interview (20%)
- Plan for a programme of inquiry (40%)
- Lesson plans for a unit of inquiry (40%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.