Interior Fundamentals 1
Improve your knowledge of local and international design history. Apply professional industry standards to your work. Plan your designs to scale. Jump from ergonomic theory to material applications and consider how both impact interior architecture
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of basic construction systems
- assess and apply knowledge of industry drawing conventions and standards through documentation drawings
- identify and integrate relevant industry standards and regulations to interior design problems
- formulate and execute an appropriate approach to a design solution that responds to industry standards.
- Anthropometrics and Ergonomics
- Standard Sizes of Elements
- Introduction to Codes and Standards
- Spatial Arrangement
- Structure - Details, Materials, Joints and Connection
- Cross Referencing
- Documentation Packages
This subject was previously known as Interior Architecture Functional Fundamentals.
An introduction to fundamental aspects of interior architecture practice including building standards and codes, documentation drawings, and basic principles of construction and detailing. Floors, walls and ceilings are investigated as interior construction systems. Aspects of compliance to building codes are introduced to inform universally accessible solutions to interior environments and appropriate approaches to vertical circulation. Computer aided drawing is introduced to form the communication tool for much of the assessment content.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Documentation Exercise (30%)
- Universal Access Case Study (30%)
- Stair Case Study (40%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.