Interior Architecture Practice Simulation
Unpack the legal and contractual side of the interior architecture industry. Look at ethical issues from multiple angles. Simulate pitching a creative concept to a client.= Prepare yourself to step from studying interior design to practising into the workplace.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will:
- examine and interpret relevant practice law and contracts
- synthesise, manage and communicate information appropriate to the production and presentation of simulated processes in the practice of Interior Architecture
- define and resolve the complexities of practice using creative thinking and problem solving skills
- incorporate ethical and sustainable work practices working independently and collaboratively in the fulfilment of the project brief's requirements.
- Unit Introduction
- Establishing a Practice
- Managing a Practice
- Financial Management & Establishing a Fee
- Introduction to Law and Australia's Legal System
- Client/Designer Agreement & Consultant Engagement
- Contract Administration
- Ethics & Codes of Conduct
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject introduces the reality of contemporary professional practice, and allows students to consider and prepare for opportunities for future industry employment. Contemporary local, national and international transdisciplinary realities of Interior Architecture practice are the foci of this subject, which investigates and simulates real-life issues, complexities and opportunities in practice. The subject is structured as two separate components: an online practice module that explores issues relating to the professional practice of interior architecture, including practice law and contracts; and, a studio-based practice simulation, which works through a given brief from idea conception through to documentation drawings and includes industry culture, and ethics within the profession. The Practice Simulation challenge is to work effectively within a group to meet the brief while at the same time producing individual output which mirrors authentic design practice. Self-directed and “out of the box” thinking is encouraged.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Documented Design Project Part A - Group (35%)
- Documented Design Project Part B - Individual (40%)
- e-Test (25%)
Textbook information is pending.