Interior Architecture Practice Marketing Strategies
Connect with experienced practitioners. Stretch your ability to market yourself and your talents. Familiarise yourself with local, national and international industry considerations. Prepare to jump from study to work life as an interior architect.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 May 2023
- 27 Nov 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- appraise the broad dynamic local, national and international context within which design practice moves
- reflect, assemble and reconstruct a body of work to strategically position it for one or more local, national and international employment or commission opportunities
- integrate a range of technologies to demonstrate professional discipline-specific oral and visual communication skills aimed at generating a market position
- evaluate and synthesise skills and knowledge relevant to transdisciplinary design practice
- communicate clearly across various formats using a range of media to effectively and appropriately portray a body of work within a professional design environment.
- Local, National and International Practice
- Curating a CV
- Branding Yourself
- Web-Based Promotion
- Social Media
- Your Career Journey
- The Pitch
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Equipment requirements - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This subject was previously known as Interior Architecture Marketing (Practice) Strategies.
This subject explores and articulates the design student's transition from university life to post university life as a design practitioner. Students work with experienced and specialist practitioners to investigate and trial platforms and strategies appropriate to branding and marketing themselves as designers, their existing body of work, and their emerging practice trajectories. Students are introduced to various strategies, techniques and media platforms relevant to developing their professional profile. In the production of their folios, and the development of their own profiles, students are encouraged to understand their design practice in the broader local, national and international context of design practice. The contemporary concept and practice of trans-disciplinary where people work creatively across disciplines and in new modes of innovation, is also explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Reflective Folio (20%)
- Online Web Folio (50%)
- Interview Pitch (30%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).