Health, Safety and Physical Education in Early Childhood
Strengthen your understanding of the nutritional and physical support children need during early development. Get a grip on the fundamentals of upper and lower body motor skills. Extend your studies to focus on child protection policies.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain how to support and promote children’s nutrition, health and well-being
- apply knowledge about health, safety and physical development to the holistic development of children
- observe and assess motor skills to meet specific learning needs of children.
- Introduction to health, well-being and physical development
- Exploring Physical Development Across the Lifespan I
- Exploring Physical Development Across the Lifespan II
- Understanding the Assessment of Motor Development I
- Understanding the Assessment of Motor Development II
- Data Collection, reporting and making sense of the data
- Understanding Diversity in physical and motor Development I
- Understanding Diversity in physical and motor Development II
- Child Protection & Mandatory Child Health Protection Policies
- Creating quality Environments
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, Access to video creation and editing software
This subject will enable pre-service teachers to develop a sound understanding of motor skills development and links to nutrition, health and well-being of children in the early years. Pre-service teachers will investigate fundamental motors skills for both the upper and lower body. A focus of this subject is the assessment and analysis of motor skills in young children.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Report (50%)
Textbook information is pending.