- Introduction to health, well-being and physical development
- Exploring Physical Development Across the Lifespan I
- Exploring Physical Development Across the Lifespan II
- Understanding the Assessment of Motor Development I
- Understanding the Assessment of Motor Development II
- Data Collection, reporting and making sense of the data
- Understanding Diversity in physical and motor Development I
- Understanding Diversity in physical and motor Development II
- Child Protection & Mandatory Child Health Protection Policies
- Creating quality Environments
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, Access to video creation and editing software
This subject will enable pre-service teachers to develop a sound understanding of motor skills development and links to nutrition, health and well-being of children in the early years. Pre-service teachers will investigate fundamental motors skills for both the upper and lower body. A focus of this subject is the assessment and analysis of motor skills in young children.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Report (50%)
Textbook information is pending.