Postgraduate | CUR-OHS540 | 2024
Health and Safety Economics and Management
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
- Study method
- 100% online
- 100% online
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 13 weeks
- 26 Feb 2024
HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP available
About this subject
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply and evaluate the systems approach to the management of occupational health and safety
- critically evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety management programs and initiatives
- understand the impact of economic considerations on the development and implementation of occupational health and safety programs
- develop a comprehensive approach to the management of emergencies and business continuity planning, with a focus on major hazard facilities
This subject develops knowledge and skills in the systematic management of occupational health and safety (OHS), with considerations of economics and effectiveness with respect to its implementation. The management of health and safety in major hazard facilities will also be discussed, with an emphasis on the implementation of the safety case system, emergency management framework and business continuity planning.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Report (30%)
- Report and Presentation (25%)
- Occupational Health and Safety Documentation (45%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
- QS Ranking 2023:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2023:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- CUR-OHS-GCE-2024 - Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following degrees