Health and Safety Economics and Management
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply and evaluate the systems approach to the management of occupational health and safety
- critically evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety management programs and initiatives
- understand the impact of economic considerations on the development and implementation of occupational health and safety programs
- develop a comprehensive approach to the management of emergencies and business continuity planning, with a focus on major hazard facilities
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject develops knowledge and skills in the systematic management of occupational health and safety (OHS), with considerations of economics and effectiveness with respect to its implementation. The management of health and safety in major hazard facilities will also be discussed, with an emphasis on the implementation of the safety case system, emergency management framework and business continuity planning.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Report (30%)
- Report and Presentation (25%)
- Occupational Health and Safety Documentation (45%)