Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- analyse the characteristics, capabilities, needs and limitations of humans (human factors) in relation to their work
- analyse the design of work activities, including the plant and equipment, the environment, work organisation and systems to identify potential sources of harm for workers through their tasks
- valuate the degree and suitability of fit between human characteristics and work design factors by identifying mismatches, sub-optimal relationships, and potential sources of human error in decision making
- assess and report appropriate recommendations for improving the ergonomics, human factors, and error management of work to optimise worker wellbeing, job satisfaction and efficiency
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
An introduction to the general principles of ergonomics and factors which influence the interactions between people and work.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Quantitative task analysis report (25%)
- Presentation and report (40%)
- Take home exam (35%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.