Plot out how property development processes work.Home in on issues like long-term community sustainability. Incorporate the perspectives of redevelopment authorities and local government. Follow a development project from the site to sale.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain how property development processes work and how a range of disciplines work together to complete a development project from site to home sale
- take responsibility for one's own learning and develop skills cognisant with lifelong learning
- compare and contrast development processes in your city/state jurisdiction with another international jurisdiction
- communicate effectively in written form, orally and diagrammatically.
- critically evaluate and assess the process and outcomes of a property development project.
- justify an improved approach to a process, regulation or policy that enhances the sustainability of urban development outcomes.
- Overview of Australian settlement history
- Metropolitan development processes
- Overview of the property development process
- Property Development – Part I
- Property Development – Part II
- Project management for property development
- Local government perspective of development
- Redevelopment Authorities
- Developer Perspective
- Sustainable Development
- Community Formation
- Financials and Marketing
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Other requirements -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
Critical examination of land and development processes and the implications for longer term community sustainability.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (30%)
- Portfolio (30%)
- Essay (40%)
Current study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.