- Positive Learning Environments: An Introduction
- Promoting secure and respectful relationships
- Perspectives about behaviour
- Proactive approaches
- Creating safe environments for children to be known and valued
- Facilitating active, meaningful and challenging learning - Part A
- Facilitating active, meaningful and challenging learning - Part B
- Creating a Welcoming Space
- Exploring Diversity
- Honouring Diversity
- Developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with families
- Developing a personal philosophy for guiding behaviour
- Reflection and review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject focuses on creating and maintaining supportive, inclusive and welcoming learning environments. It explores positive and effective strategies for helping children manage their own behaviour, including ways in which the physical environment can be optimised for children’s learning, wellbeing and safety. Strategies for building and maintaining relationships with and between children will be explored. In addition, pre-service teachers will learn professional and respectful ways to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with families in the educative process.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Design and Rationale Package (50%)