- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) in the Australian Curriculum
- Teaching through Critical Inquiry
- Planning for HASS : lesson design
- Planning for HASS: strategies and resourcing
- Assessment strategies for HASS
- How to integrate the HASS learning areas: history & historical inquiry
- How to integrate the HASS learning areas: geography & geographical thinking
- Developing language, literacy and numeracy in HASS
- ICT and HASS
- Cross-curricular priorities and HASS
- Developing values and ethical understanding for active and informed citizenship
- Developing values and ethical understanding for active and informed citizenship: planning
- Review and Reflection
- Standard Media
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as EDS131 Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences.
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences teachers. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, evaluation, resources, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Lower Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences. Teaching and learning practices to support and challenge a diverse student cohort are explored.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Report (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts (Visual Arts) Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education