You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Schools, policy & reform
- Accountability & performativity
- Markets and school choice
- Competition & reforming school practices
- Reforming parents and inequality
- Understanding childhood & growing up
- Critical pedagogies for social justice
- Class & differentiating achievement
- Gender and sexuality
- Rethinking cultural diversity
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You don't have to enrol in this subject if you have completed EDP310 Curriculum and Culture as they are considered equivalents.
No special requirements
This subject examines social, cultural, linguistic, and economic forces which impact on classroom practices and student learning outcomes. The subject requires analysis of the characteristics of classrooms and schools that reduce the effects of inequalities through curriculum choices and pedagogical practices. This subject emphasises the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers associated with student linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic diversity including consideration of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in primary school classrooms.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Report (50%)
- Essay (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Primary Education
- Open Subjects - Level 1
- Restricted Subjects - Level 2
- Restricted Subjects - Level 3
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4 Internship