- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Design Economics (Time Cost and Quality)
- Design Economics (Physical Design Criteria)
- Cost Planning Techniques
- Elemental Estimating - Components
- Elemental Estimating - Elemental Cost Analyses
- Elemental Estimating - Developing the Elemental Cost Plan
- Elemental Estimating - Manipulating and Interpreting the Data
- Exercises in Elemental Estimating
- Approximate Quantities
- Stages in Cost Planning
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject introduces the process of cost planning in the building industry including investigation of the various techniques used and sources of information. Students will explore the processes of design economics, cost benefit analysis and elemental cost analysis.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case study (50%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.