Manufacture a contract administration project. Navigate processes and consider the rights and obligations of contractual parties. Make contract recommendations. Use contract management software to interpret, assess and track project conditions.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 25 Nov 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret contract conditions and apply them to the administration of construction contracts
evaluate project scenarios and suggest actions for contract parties
- use computer-aided contract administration software for contract administration purposes.
- Tendering and Contract Choice
- Contracting Partnerships and Alliancing
- Insurances, Securities and Retentions
- Subcontracting Arrangements
- Subcontracting Engagement Terms and Conditions
- Variations, Claims and Delays
- Progress Claims and Payments
- Contract Completion
- Contractual Penalties
- Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CME305 Contract Administration.
This subject engages students in the administration of a project, through authentic industry scenarios, and includes contractual procedures, the rights and obligations of contractual parties and computer-aided contract administration.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (25%)
- Exercise (25%)
- Invigilated exam (50%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.