Manufacture a contract administration project. Navigate processes and consider the rights and obligations of contractual parties. Make contract recommendations. Use contract management software to interpret, assess and track project conditions.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret contract conditions and apply them to the administration of construction contracts
evaluate project scenarios and suggest actions for contract parties
- use computer-aided contract administration software for contract administration purposes.
- Tendering and Contract Choice
- Contracting Partnerships and Alliancing
- Insurances, Securities and Retentions
- Subcontracting Arrangements
- Subcontracting Engagement Terms and Conditions
- Variations, Claims and Delays
- Progress Claims and Payments
- Contract Completion
- Contractual Penalties
- Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-CME305-Contract Administration (No longer available)
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:one of
- CUR-CME309-Construction Contracts and Law
- CUR-CME108-Construction Law (No longer available)
No additional requirements
This subject was previously known as CME305 Contract Administration.
This subject engages students in the administration of a project, through authentic industry scenarios, and includes contractual procedures, the rights and obligations of contractual parties and computer-aided contract administration.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (25%)
- Exercise (25%)
- eTest (50%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours