Construction Plant and Equipment
Match the right plant type, size and equipment to construct modern buildings today. Assess features for capability and performance. Learn to select for suitability to deliver exact project requirements considering technical capacity, safety, and cost.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify the different types of construction plant and equipment and compare their attributes
- evaluate the suitability of different types of plant and equipment for specific construction processes
- analyse the time and cost implications for different types of plant and equipment.
- Plant Issues
- Equipment Economics
- Plant Operation & Planning
- Soil & Rock
- Planning Earthwork Operations
- Site Clearance & Preparation
- Scraping & Grading
- Excavation Part 1
- Excavation Part 2
- Lifting and Loading
- Ancillary Equipment
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CUR-CME202C-Construction Plant and Equipment (No longer available)
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
- Other requirements - Admission to degree required
This subject introduces students to types and sizes of plant and equipment used in construction. Students will examine the different processes, capabilities and performance outputs of plant and equipment and analyse the decision factors relating to technical, safety and economic considerations in to a typical construction project.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Quiz (20%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Essay (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours