- Introduction, Terminology and Legal Searches
- Australian Law
- Misrepresentation, Mistake, Undue Influence & Duress
- Termination and Remedies of Contract
- Negligence and Nuisance
- Property Law
- Tenders and Dispute Resolution
- Acts Relating to Construction
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
An introduction to sources of law affecting building projects including the judicial system, common law and statute law, contract law and torts and dispute resolution.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Group Case Study (35%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (45%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (20%)