- Introduction, Terminology and Legal Searches
- Australian Law
- Misrepresentation, Mistake, Undue Influence & Duress
- Termination and Remedies of Contract
- Negligence and Nuisance
- Property Law
- Tenders and Dispute Resolution
- Acts Relating to Construction
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CME108 Construction Law.
This subject introduces students to sources of law affecting building projects including the judicial system, common law and statute law, contract law and torts and dispute resolution.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Report (20%)
- Case Study (35%)
- Invigilated exam (45%)
Textbook information is pending.