You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Fire Prevention and Control Services
- Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning System
- Water Supply, Distribution and Waste Systems
- Electrical Supply and Installation
- Natural Lighting / Artificial Lighting
- Mechanical Conveyors - Lift and Escalators
- Building Services - Design Outline and Green Building
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
The essential role that building services play in enabling buildings to provide functional and comfortable living and working areas. Cost implications of service installations for construction projects. Comfort and energy performance of buildings.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- Presentation (35%)
- Online Quiz (15%)
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 1 Open Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours