Build on your knowledge of the industry standards and rules for measuring construction works. Measure steelwork, stonework, roofing, ceilings, windows and doors. Understand building specs and drawings. Lay the foundation for builder’s quantities and estimates.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 25 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret and communicate industry principles and rules for measuring detailed construction works
- interpret specifications and drawings for measuring detailed construction works
- produce measurements for detailed building works in accordance with industry principles and rules.
- Complex Groundworks Excavation and Filling
- Measuring Structural Concrete
- Concrete, Masonry and Stonework
- Measuring Structural Steelwork
- Measuring Roofing
- Measuring Ceilings
- Measuring Windows, Doors, Hardware and Glazing
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-CME105-Introduction to Measurement of Construction Works , or CUR-CME160
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject covers the principles and rules of building measurement using the Australian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works. Students apply these principles and rules to the measurement of detailed construction works examples. Students will demonstrate alternative approaches to measurement for detailed builder’s quantities and estimates.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case study (50%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.