- Complex Groundworks Excavation and Filling
- Measuring Structural Concrete
- Concrete, Masonry and Stonework
- Measuring Structural Steelwork
- Measuring Roofing
- Measuring Ceilings
- Measuring Windows, Doors, Hardware and Glazing
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
CUR-CME105-Introduction to Building Measurement , or CUR-CME160
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
Covers the principles and rules of building measurement using the Australian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works, and applies them to the measurement of detailed construction works examples. Demonstrates alternative approaches to measurement for detailed builder’s quantities and estimates.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Case Study (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Test (20%)