- Introduction to Research
- Critical Thinking
- Developing the Research Proposal
- Reviewing the Literature
- Electronic Database
- Research Reasoning and Design
- Quantitative: Data and Analysis
- Sampling and Questionnaire Surveys
- Qualitative: Data and Analysis
- Case Studies and Interviews
- Preparing for the Next Stage: Dissertation
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
This subject will need to be taken at least 2 study periods prior to undertaking CME409 Building Dissertation 2 which should be the final (or at least 1 of the final) subjects you undertake in this Degree.
No special requirements
The research process, critical thinking in research, developing a research proposal, literature review, reasoning in research and quantitative and qualitative data collection.
*** In order to enrol in this subject, you must have been invited and accepted into the Honours Stream of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) degree. ***
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Topic proposal (20%)
- Literature review (40%)
- Final Proposal (40%)
Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management)
- Level 1 Open Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours