Building Dissertation 1
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop and propose a research topic
- evaluate the existing body of knowledge
- design a research strategy informed by the literature and an understanding of research methodology.
- Introduction to the unit and overview
- Contemporary industry issues
- Critical thinking in research
- Developing a research proposal
- Literature review
- EndNote Library
- Research reasoning and design
- Quantitative vs qualitative; mixed-method approach
- Quantitative research approach and analysis
- Qualitative research approach and analysis
- Case Study and Interviews
- Preparing for the Dissertation Stage
This subject will need to be taken at least 2 study periods prior to undertaking CME409 Building Dissertation 2 which should be the final (or at least 1 of the final) subjects you undertake in this Degree.
- Equipment requirements - Audio video equipment required
- Software requirements - Software purchase required
- Other requirements - Access to the internet. Admission to degree required.
In this subject students will explore the research process applying critical thinking in research. Students will develop a research proposal and literature review, demonstrating reasoning in research. Students will apply relevant research methods In the management and analysis of research data.
*** In order to enrol in this subject, you must have been invited and accepted into the Honours Stream of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) degree. ***
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Topic proposal (20%)
- Literature review (40%)
- Final Proposal (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).