Building Dissertation 1
Assemble your understanding of research. Review evidence and apply reasoning. Outline structure and critical thinking for a proposal. Source and assess quantitative and qualitative data. Refer to case studies and interviews. Prepare for Dissertation 2.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop and propose a research topic
- evaluate the existing body of knowledge
- design a research strategy informed by the literature and an understanding of research methodology.
- Introduction to the unit and overview
- Contemporary industry issues
- Critical thinking in research
- Developing a research proposal
- Literature review
- EndNote Library
- Research reasoning and design
- Quantitative vs qualitative; mixed-method approach
- Quantitative research approach and analysis
- Qualitative research approach and analysis
- Case Study and Interviews
- Preparing for the Dissertation Stage
This subject will need to be taken at least 2 study periods prior to undertaking CME409 Building Dissertation 2 which should be the final (or at least 1 of the final) subjects you undertake in this Degree.
- Equipment requirements - Audio video equipment required
- Software requirements - Software purchase required
- Other requirements - Access to the internet. Admission to degree required.
In this subject students will explore the research process applying critical thinking in research. Students will develop a research proposal and literature review, demonstrating reasoning in research. Students will apply relevant research methods In the management and analysis of research data.
*** In order to enrol in this subject, you must have been invited and accepted into the Honours Stream of the Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) degree. ***
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Topic proposal (20%)
- Literature review (40%)
- Final Proposal (40%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours