Architecture Design Studio 3A - Multi Residential
Design your future in architecture. Think about the form and function of design. Explain design methods versus intent and consider diversity. Draw on your prior study of medium-scale, urban fringe public buildings in real and simulated settings
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- synthesise and visually and verbally communicate a theoretical position informing complex spatial programmatic and functional relationships
- apply knowledge of studied precedents to the design of a medium scale residential building
- generate and reflect upon a design of a medium density housing project, services, and public spaces in between
- theoretical positions in thinking about and making architecture
- diversity of approach to architecture
- medium scale public building
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
- CUR-BAS200-Architecture and Interior Architecture Design Studio 2A - Residential Typology and Grammar
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
Students who have completed BAS300 PRIOR to 2015 are not required to enrol into BAS305 as it was previously counted as double subject.
- Equipment requirements - Audio video equipment required. Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
- Software requirements - Software purchase required
- Other requirements - Additional materials. Access to the internet. Provide an email address.
This subject was previously known as Architecture Design 5.
This Design subject explores medium density multi residential and mixed use typologies to generate architectural outcomes for a selected site. Students are asked to take a theoretical position and develop a strong narrative to their design approach. Work integrated learning is incorporated through exploration and expression of theoretical positions through design simulating the real world conditions.
*** Level 3 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 2 subjects or other relevant experience. Ensure all Level 2 subjects have been completed before moving to Level 3. ***
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Conceptual investigation (30%)
- Reflection (40%)
- Presentation (30%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.