Architecture Design 6
Study design, development, complexity; scope and scale of medium-rise builds. Inspect the project environment and deconstruct the bonds between structure and site. Develop plans, integrate ideas and introduce organisational and environmental systems.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- generate a number of hypotheses in response to an identified architectural problem in relation to a given site
- evaluate key issues associated with an architectural problem in order to develop the selected hypothesis into a schematic design
- apply strategies and systems to aid the development of a resolved architectural proposition.
- Urban Contexts
- Planning and Feasibility Studies
- Diagramming and Formal Types
- BCA and Other Regulations
- Construction Methodology
- Building Envelope Considerations
- Design Communication
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
BAS335 must be taken at the same time as BAS330.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject was previously known as Architecture Design and Technical Integration Studio.
This studio is a culmination of the Architecture Studio subjects for the Bachelor of Applied Science. It explores the design of buildings of medium rise, complexity and scale. The subject emphasises the integration of architecture and technological considerations like structure, services, envelope and environmental strategies and their relationship with site. Work integrated learning is incorporated through a range of strategies and decision making processes pertinent to design and construction in architectural practice.
This subject has BAS300 Architecture Design 5 and BAS305 Architecture Methods 5 as mandatory prerequisites. If you have completed BAS300 prior to 2015, you are not required to enrol into BAS305 as BAS300 was previously counted as double subject. Please get a prerequisite waiver from Curtin to proceed with enrolment in BAS330.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 — Conceptual investigation (20%)
- Assignment 2 — Reflection (40%)
- Investigation (40%)
Textbook information is pending.