Architectural Thesis Project 1
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- prioritise concepts theories and approaches to determine and formulate a research focus within a broad cultural and environmental and technological context for further development
- assess the value of research theories and methods, and prioritise a set of design criteria as appropriate to the architectural discipline in order to make judgements and discriminate between ideas
- develop a project brief using critical thinking, analytical writing, self-reflection and theoretical discourse skills relevant to the focus of the study within the discipline of architecture
- What is Research
- Starting the Research
- Reviewing Literature for Research
- Research Methods in Architecture
- Writing a Research Proposal
- One-on-one with your tutor
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
andand one of
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- Other requirements - Audio video equipment required. Access to the Internet.
In this subject students will draw from skills and knowledge obtained in the Common Research Methods Subject and architectural theory and methodologies of practice, which will be used to develop an architectural brief for Architectural Thesis Project 2. This includes extensive study and critical analysis of relevant literature, exemplars and precedents in the selected field of study as it relates to the discipline of architecture.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Scoping and Literature Review (20%)
- Research Methodology (20%)
- Project Brief Report (60%)
Current study term: 27 Aug 23 to 26 Nov 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.