Immerse yourself in the occupational health, safety and environment management research topic of your choosing. Pull together a project proposal. Begin an in-depth literature review. Draw on your research, academic and critical thinking skills.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Feb 2019
- 26 May 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate that they are able to critically analyse and expound on previous research undertaken in the field;
- Apply an appropriate research methodology to a specific topic;
- Apply the knowledge of the field to the identified research problem;
- Systematically structure, justify and explain their statements and conclusions;
- Present their research clearly in a well-structured, editorially sound, properly referenced and appropriate manner.
- Conducting research for academic credit
- The SI system of units
- The scientific method
- The research process
- Objectives of a project for academic merit
- The literature review
- Research projects methods
- The research project report
- Critical thinking
- Research project difficulties
- Some final tips
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
ACU-MGMT617-Research Methods , or ACU-BUS617
No special requirements
Please note: This subject is studied over 2 study periods.
This advanced subject covers the process of undertaking a research project in an OHSE management topic under supervision. This subject is equivalent to two normal subjects and builds on the materials studied throughout the degree, especially in MGMT617 Research Methods. There are no formal lectures in this subject, however, the student is expected to identify a research project topic, conduct a literature review, develop research questions, select an appropriate methodology, develop a short project proposal, collect data, analyse data, derive suitable findings from the data, and present the project in a research project report.
- Research Paper (90%)
- Research Proposal (10%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.