- An introduction to medieval Latin grammar and morphology
- An overview of literary genres typical of medieval Latin
- A survey of regional characteristics in orthography, grammar and lexicon
- An introduction to the literary genres encountered in medieval Latin
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Students may be required to purchase headsets
This subject involves a study of Medieval Latin through reading and translating original texts from the seventh century onwards. These will include poetry, saints’ lives, homilies and other extracts from the Church fathers. The emphasis will be on reading medieval Latin in its literary and historical contexts.
- Assessment (100%)
Textbook information is pending.