Immerse yourself in Ecclesiastical Latin and examine its relationship with English.Pore over and translate original Latin texts. Dig into the fundamentals of Latin's syntax. Flip open the Latin Bible. Translate English constructions into Latin.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- work in a fully online environment to demonstrate knowledge of the basics of Ecclesiastical Latin grammar.
- read and translate simple original Latin texts into English.
- translate simple English constructions into Latin.
- An introduction to the Roman alphabet
- Ecclesiastical Latin syntax and morphology, as presented in the set text
- An introduction to the Latin Bible in the Vulgate version used by the early church
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Streaming Multimedia
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides an introduction to Ecclesiastical Latin through reading and translating original texts.
A range of assessment procedures will be used to meet the subject learning outcomes and develop graduate attributes consistent with University assessment requirements. Such procedures may include, but are not limited to: essays, reports, examinations, student presentations, case studies and online interactive student performance tasks.
- Assessments (100%)