Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Feb 2019
- 18 Nov 2019
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Examine and apply the theory and context of entrepreneurship and the managerial, operational, strategic, and structural requirements for new business launch;
- Assess and analyse innovation opportunities;
- Analyse ethical issues in entrepreneurial decision making from concept to stewardship and return on investment;
- Communicate solutions to entrepreneurial problems in professional context both in written format and verbally;
- Critically evaluate the capital raising models and approaches used when investors evaluate new businesses as targets for investment;
- Apply the knowledge of strategy, stakeholders, marketing, innovation and design to formulate sustainable business models for new businesses.
- Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurs, and value creation
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Start-up Strategy: Managing innovation
- Business Planning
- Operations and Risk Management
- Managing Growth and Uncertainty
- Intrapreneurship, Social Ventures and Ethics
- Succession Harvesting and Exists
- Emerging Trends in Entrepreneurship
- Business model design
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Entrepreneurial marketing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides an in depth study of the theory and context on Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship. It will explore several dimensions surrounding business opportunity creation and growth, in corporate and start-up environments, underpinned by the questions, concerns and decisions made by entrepreneurs. The dimensions explored will cover conceptualisation, innovation, strategy, operations, financing, management, marketing and ethics in forming sustainable businesses that generate wealth for both individuals and society.
This subject intends to develop your knowledge of entrepreneurial processes in different organisational and industry settings. The major aim of this subject is to advance your knowledge of managing the complex process of launching a start-up and its innovative value proposition in different industries and how to analyse and suggest solutions to complex problems in entrepreneurial processes.
- Video Presentation (50%)
- Report (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.