Master of Professional Engineering (Civil Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program graduates should be able to:
- Apply specialised and advanced theoretical knowledge that underpins the relevant engineering discipline to enable critical reflection on professional practice.
- Synthesise the social purposes of engineering and evaluate the performance and sustainability of engineered products and systems including the costs and benefits to the community.
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate concepts and complex ideas across a range of engineering problems reflecting issues of sustainable practice in diverse social, environmental and technical contexts.
- Critically examine and autonomously evaluate evidence when justifying actions for technical, economic, environmental, ethical and cross-cultural issues, including those relevant to indigenous peoples.
- Apply project management skills and competencies in team leadership, communication and technical research to enable delivery of engineering projects within given project constraints.
- Communicate effectively in English, using a range of high-level oral, written and technology-based approaches, to justify theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Engage in further learning through research, scholarship and critical reflection, including defence of professional and ethical decision-making and apply a high level of personal autonomy and accountability to manage engagement with professional practice that is integrated and captured in their postgraduate program ePortfolio.
As a civil engineering graduate possible career roles include civil engineer, construction engineer, structural engineer, transport engineer or water supply distribution engineer in either the public or private sector.
Professional recognitionThe Master of Professional Engineering (Civil Engineering) has been accorded full accreditation at the level of Professional Engineer by Engineers Australia and graduates are eligible for Graduate membership at the Professional Level.
Completion of an Australian university three or four year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering in the relevant cognate specialisation (major) OR Completion of an appropriate four year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering in a non-cognate specialisation (major field) + English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s
Credit for previous study or work
This program is ideal if you hold a 3 year engineering degree but have no work experience. With a focus on practical experience you will have the opportunity to undertake hands-on laboratory sessions and 60 days of industry experience. You will also complete a research project and dissertation applying all your formal knowledge to a real world problem. Whether this is the risks posed by natural disasters to structures or testing new construction materials, your project will provide insight to the profession of a Civil Engineer.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.