Master of Management Information Systems
Be in demand with your advanced IT skills
Develop the technical skills needed to help large organisations operate smoothly. Nail the essentials such as programming and cyber security. Then discover how to manage enterprise systems, problem solve issues and make the best strategic decisions.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
ECU is ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 30,000 students, many studying online through Open Universities Australia. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
Learn more about ECU.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
- Apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic business problems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate mastery of a global body of management information systems knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and methods.
- Independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables.
- Justify decisions and judgements that address a complex business issue considering the ethical and social consequences.
Graduates will be well-placed to seek employment in management and leadership roles within private and public organisations employing information systems in a management context.
Possible future job titles: Systems Analyst, IT Manager, Program Manager, Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Business Process Analyst
Work and Life
Equivalent prior learning including at least five years relevant professional experience
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
This course is relevant to both information technology (IT) and non-IT professionals who wish to develop their skills in relation to information and communications technology and their application to business.
Management Information Systems (MIS) describes the broad opportunities for supporting the application of technologies to business. This course specifically addresses the business and technology issues arising from enterprise use of IT and covers technological, managerial and strategic issues. Students have the opportunity to select units to specialise in the area of data analysis for managerial decision-making, enterprise systems or program management.
- CSI6208 Programming Principles
- MAN5901 Information Systems Challenges in Management
- MAN5902 Business Systems Analysis
- FBL5010 Managing People and Organisations
- MAN6905 Databases and Business Intelligence
- MAN6925 Project Management
- MAN6910 Business Process Management
- CSI6199 Cyber Security
- MAN6935 IT Value Realisation
- MAN6936 Enterprise Architecture
- MAN6310 Capstone Integration Project
- Complete one of the following options
- MAN6916 Enterprise Resource Planning
- MAN6303 Program Management
- MAN6777 Data Driven Managerial Decisions