Master of Laws in International Commercial Law
Open the door to international law
Are you a legal professional who would like to work in an international law firm? This course could be for you. Cover topics such as International Sales and Transport Law, International Commercial Dispute Resolution and International Corporate Law. Gain access to extra online subjects.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Bond University does things differently. Your lecturers will know you and your tutors will invest time in you, so that your learning will get the attention it deserves. It's this individual approach that the university believes sets them apart. It's also why, for 13 years running, Bond University has received the highest possible ranking for student experience in Australia from the independent Good Universities Guide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of the degree students will be able to:
- demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of a range of specialised international commercial law topics
- demonstrate high level legal reasoning, research, and communication skills in the context of each of these specialised international commercial law topics and their application to legal theory, legal scholarship and legal professional practice
- apply their legal knowledge and skills with creativity, initiative, personal autonomy and accountability in the solving of complex legal problems, the resolution of complex legal disputes and the planning and execution of substantial research projects.
The Master of Laws provides a postgraduate qualification in international commercial law to compliment and enhance your skills and advance your career in the area.
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English Proficiency Requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information.
The Master of Laws in International Commercial Law (Online) (LLM-ICL) is a postgraduate program offered by the Faculty of Law for law graduates from any jurisdiction. The program provides students with the opportunity to enhance their understanding of international commercial law and legal practice by completing advanced-level law subjects. The program develops students’ advanced legal research and writing skills and enhances their ability to critically analyse and evaluate complex commercial law issues within a variety of contexts. The program is delivered entirely online.
This program is not available to international students who intend to apply for a student visa.
The Master of Laws in International Commercial Law comprises of 80 credit points which is made up of four 20 credit points subjects.
Subjects available in the Master of Laws in International Commercial Law include:
- LAWS77-580 International Sales and Transport Law
- LAWS77-579 International Corporate Law
- LAWS77-578 International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- LAWS77-577 Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law
Students enrolling in the Master of Laws in International Commercial Law will receive complimentary access to the following bonus modules:
- Features of Common Law and Civil Law Systems
- Legal Research and Writing
- Legal and Compliance Risk
- Professional Ethics for the Global Lawyer