Master of Environmental Management (2 years)
A leadership-level environmental qualification in 2 years
Become the kind of environmental leader who goes beyond imagining a better future. Learn how to implement real-life strategies for improving the environments in which we live. Graduate with the leadership skills to move mountains in 2 years.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
- Access unique biodiversity hotspots and fascinating ecosystems, ranging from coral reefs to World Heritage rainforests.
- Take advantage of innovative opportunities for marine and terrestrial research and interactive field- and lab-based learning.
- Gain practical experience while enhancing your report-writing and project management skills.
- Organise your study around your professional and personal commitments, with the option to complete many courses online.
- National parks and wildlife conservator
- Environmental assessment and compliance consultant
- Natural resources manager
- Policy developer
- Mining adviser
- Environmental tourism consultant
- Sustainability adviser
- Climate change researcher
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any field, or
- a graduate certificate or graduate diploma (or equivalent) in environmental management, or
- to have successfully completed at least 3 years of study towards an approved qualification at an overseas partner institution, with a formal pathway to the Master of Environmental Management.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
Environmental Management is the planning and implementation of actions geared to improve the quality of the human environment.
The postgraduate programs in environmental management at the University of Queensland are multidisciplinary programs designed to enhance the skills and technical expertise of graduates working in all facets of the environmental arena. The programs aim to produce managers able to address the many issues in the highly complex and changing area of environmental management.