Graduate Certificate of Public Policy
The fundamentals of contemporary public policy making
Discover the concepts and tools for designing and implementing public policy. You’ll explore policy approaches to complex challenges like public health, immigration, and education. Get to know the key players in policy making—and what your role might be.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Australian National University is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. With ties to the Australian Government, they have special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their approach to education ensures graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to address complex contemporary challenges. Offering innovative online subjects from beginning to advanced levels through Open Universities Australia, they meet varied students’ needs and goals.
Learn more about ANU.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of the study, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of foundational issues in the field of public policy, in Australia and globally
- Reflect critically on public policy issues and practical challenges in diverse contexts
- Demonstrate familiarity with research principles relevant to the field of public policy
- Identify appropriate analysis and research methods for public policy challenges
- Analyse political, technical or institutional policy problems from multiple perspectives
- Develop and communicate policy analysis or recommendations in changing policy environments
- Understand challenges relating to management, implementation and evaluation of public policies
As graduates from ANU rated as Australia’s most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide, Crawford School’s public policy graduates are playing key roles in Australian Commonwealth and state governments; Not-for-Profits and social enterprises; Advocacy organisations; International bodies and agencies.
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Diploma or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- 24 units of courses in a postgraduate program a GPA of 4/7; or
Work and Life
- GRE General test, completed no more than 5 years before the time of application, with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- A minimum 5 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must meet the ANU English Language requirements. For further information, visit: English Language Requirements for Admission .
Contact Crawford.Enquiries@anu.edu.au for case by case information.
The Graduate Certificate of Public Policy provides knowledge and professional skills for those who wish to broaden and deepen their general or technical skills in public policy. The Graduate Certificate provides students with a wide menu of choice of Crawford School master degree courses. Students who are thinking of later proceeding on to a Master degree should consider the course-selection requirements appropriate to the various Master degrees. Course advising is available to help with these choices.
Recommended Study Pattern
This 6 month degree requires the completion of 24 units. You may find more information about its units and course details by clicking on the program page- Graduate Certificate of Public Policy.
The Graduate Certificate of Public Policy requires the successful completion of 24 units from the specified courses in relevant areas.