Graduate Certificate of Project Management
Start your career in project management
With this qualification, you can start your career in project management. Gain the skills to develop new products, create change in organisations, manage the construction of buildings, run campaigns and more.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
ECU has been ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 6,000 students studying online. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate of Project Management can:
- apply independent judgement when analysing and evaluating complex problems to generate creative solutions in Project Management
- communicate specialised knowledge, concepts and skills to a variety of audiences in the field of project management
- demonstrate management skills by initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating tasks in the field of project management.
Opportunities exist in project management in a number of sectors including mining, oil and gas, health, property development, IT, banking, finance, engineering, not-for-profit organisations and local, state and federal government.
Possible future job titles: Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Product and Development Manager, Project Officer, Policy Officer
A student who has completed this course is eligible to apply for certification as a Certified Practicing Project Practitioner (CPPP) under AIPMs RegPM program. To qualify for CPPP the student must apply for Associate Membership with a copy of their qualification and the course must be listed on our website at the time of application.
All applicants are required to have a Bachelor's degree in a discipline other than Project Management when using prior qualifications as a basis for application, with equivalents considered.
Work and Life
Alternatively applicants can apply with at least five years appropriate professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
Project management is becoming a core activity in all organisations and increasingly responsible for delivery of the corporate strategy.
Find out what makes a successful project manager in the Graduate Certificate of Project Management, and learn how to undertake a new project.
Project Management can be applied in almost any industry across a range of projects, including developing a new product or service, effecting a change in structure, staffing, or style of an organisation, designing new motor vehicle, developing or acquiring a new or modified information system, constructing a building or facility, running a campaign for political office or implementing a new business procedure or process.
Students are required to complete three units
- MAN5401 Managing Project Scope and Stakeholders
- MAN5402 Project Scheduling and Control
- MAN6302 Managing Project Quality